Vision boards are a great tool to manifest your dream life. This article will give you insight into how and why the vision board works and detailed steps to create a Vision board that actually works for you and manifests the dream life you wish for. There is also a free workbook with a template to guide you. Happy reading!
What is vision board?
- Vision boards are basically, your goals that are pinned down on a board in pictorial form.
- Although called Vision board, but they are not just limited to physical boards. Vision boad can be in various forms such as physical or digital, they can be made as collage of images, with post it notes or in journal. It is a creative expression with many possibilities.
Do vision boards work?
- Before you show your readers HOW to get started with something, I always like to emphasize why they should care in the first place
- You can bring in case studies or personal experience of what life was like before focusing on your topic, and how life got better after growing in your topic.
Do vision boards actually work?
- YES!!! Vision boards are a great tool to manifest your dream life, many successful achievers use them to manifest their life. In this article we will briefly explain how and why the vision board works and give you detailed steps to create Vision board that actually works for you and manifests the dream life you wish for.
How vision board work?
- When you visualise your goals and consolidate them together at one place it gives your mind a clarity on your expectation from life and a clear vision of your goals.
- This nurtures your subconscious mind to help you achieve the goals.
- By repetitively looking at a vision board you are training your mind to make these goals true and visualisation prime your brain to look out opportunities to make your goal come true.
As per Srinivasan Pillay, a Harvard M.D and author of “Your Brain and Business: The Neuroscience of Great Leaders,” “We stimulate the same brain regions when we visualize an action as we do when we actually perform that same action.” As per a study, Olympic athletes with more mental training than physical training performed better than others.
Myth about vision board
Before we go ahead on steps to make a vision board a word of caution, vision boards are not pieces of magic, they are a tool to make the magic you work. Just making a vision board will not lead to the manifestation of dream life, we also need to take the right action.
With that let’s dive into the steps to make a vision board that will actually manifest your dream life.
Steps for Making the Vision Board
Before actually starting the preparation of a vision board, you need to plan the vision board. It is best to spend some time planning before actually getting into the fun part of making the vision board.
Step 1: Begin with the right mindset
Having the right mindset for making the vision board is so crucial. It is essential that you don’t start with the process when you are angry, frustrated, or tired. In Fact, it is best to start with some deep breathing just to clear your mind of all the thoughts.
Next is to charge yourself up with the belief that your dream and
goals are actually gonna be true, you have to be of the mindset where you cap your thoughts or judge your desire, just be free and flow along with it. There should be no doubts about your goal. Be happy and inspired.
Once you are ready with the right mindset you can go to the next step of setting a goal.
Step 2: Set your goal
You need to list out your goals, you can have as many goals as you want in different areas. You can categorize the goals as professional goals, personal goals, health and fitness goal, and financial goals; these categories are just suggestions feel free to add any more categories. Also, we suggest having a wishlist, this can be your wishlist for travel, reading, hobbies, or anything you like. When you set the goal make sure that the goal are specific, if it’s reading, write the name of books you want to read.
You can also check out our free workbook “Your Guide to creating a vision board” for details on setting goals.
Step 3: Collect images
You can have a physical vision board or a digital vision board. Based on your preference, start collecting images that resonate with the goals that you have set. The images should resemble the vision of your dream life goal and should be realistic.
You can use google images or Pinterest to collect the images or cut them out from magazines.
Also try to collect some images of quotes, words, or phrases that motivate you, the vision board is not only about goals but also a source of motivation to achieve these goals. Having some words or phrases that can get you moving on the days you don’t feel the best is a great idea too. We also recommend having some words of affirmation and gratitude, just as a reminder of all the positivity around you.
We have some printable affirmation for you as part of the free workbook “Your Guide to creating a vision board”
Finally, add a personal touch to all the images you have collected, but to make a bond with the images, maybe you can handwrite some quotes or draw on the images you have collected or just add your photograph on the vision board. Be creative and have fun.
Step 4: Assembling the images
Once you are done collecting all the images you can need to assemble the images to make the board.
There are 3 ways you can do it
- Take a cardboard or foam board and paste all the images together with some glue.
- You can use a grill board like the one in the below image and just clip the images on it.
- You can organise the images digitally, the best tool for this is to use Canva, you can use our template to make digital vision boards for free. You can either take print of the final digital vision board or use it as such below
Step 5: Display the vision board
It is very important to place the vision board in a place where you will be able to see it repeatedly. You can place it just next to your bed so that you see it every day before sleep and on waking up. You can also place it in front of your work desk or on your refrigerator in the kitchen if that is where you spend your most time. You just need to ensure that you see it as much as possible.
If you are using a digital vision board you can set it up as wallpaper for your computer or phone.
Tips for making best of vision board
- You don’t need to wait for a new year to make a vision
- There is a right or wrong, big or small goal; a vision board is your personal space make it the way you like it.
- Make the vision board a personal reflection of what you are or what you would like your year ahead to be.
- Definitely have a look at it when you do your monthly planning and when you feel lost.
- Review and keep updating your vision board.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Made the right way a vision board is a great tool to manifest your dream life. Creating the vision board that is the best reflection of your goals and personalised with quotes,word and affirmation that best suits your belief and dream life, has great potential to manifest your dream life and motivate you to achieve your goal and serve as a reminder through difficult times.
- Vision board is not just a collection of pretty images to decorate your wall but a summary for your year ahead.
Get Free Vision Board Planner
To help you with vision board planning and making a vision board that manifests your goals, here is a free planner for you. Additionally, it includes quotes and affirmation printables, ready for you to use on your vision board.
Hope this article was of help to you, would love to know your views in the comments below. I would love to see your vision boards. Share on Instagram and tag us @forbusybees.